For the Fab Academy Final Project I want to make a Dehydrator to control the drying of my biomaterial explorations in the MDEF project.
Reference: Low Tech Dehydrator
BOM List and Supplies
· Wood Sheet (15mm): Fab Lab BCN
· Perforated Tray (for the shelfs): Chinos
· Aluminium Foil: Home
· Double Side Tape: Home
· Methacrylate Sheet (3mm): Servei Estació
· Thermistor: Home
· Temperature and Humidity Sensor (2/3 units): Home
· Computer Fan (12V): Home
· LCD Screen: Home
· Clock: Home
· Relé: Home
· Mosfet: Home?
· Arduino: Home
· Wifi Module: Home?
Measure temperature and humidity of the Dehydrator.
Control temperature, fan speed, clock and LCD screen of the Dehydrator.
Control WIFI Module
Send and visualize the data of the Dehydrator in a computer/mobile.
First Iterations: Low Cost Prototype
What questions need to be answered?
· Is the dehydrator drying the biomaterial samples?
· How does the relation between fan speed and temperature affect the drying of the sample?
· How long does it take to dry a sample? What happens if all the shelfs are full of material samples?
· How does the thickness of the sample affect drying?
· How much electricity does the dehydrator consume in a day?
How will it be evaluated?
To answer the evaluation criteria, I propose three questions:
· Are the different parts of the project well resolved?
· Is the dehydrator functional?
· Do people know how to use the dehydrator?